Monday, October 6, 2014

1. Introduction and Overview


Introduction

 



God have laid out his plan from the beginning of time to the end of time for all to see, that we may know that He is God and non other!


1 Corinthians 10:11
These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the culmination of the ages has come.

Isaiah 44:6-8
“I am Israel’s King. I set them free.
    I am the Lord who rules over all.
    So listen to what I am saying.
I am the First and the Last.
    I am the one and only God.
Who is like me? Let him come forward and speak boldly.
    Let him tell me everything that has happened
    since I created my people long ago.
And let him tell me what has not happened yet.
    Let him announce ahead of time what is going to take place.
Do not tremble with fear. Do not be afraid.
    Didn’t I announce everything that has happened?
    Didn’t I tell you about it long ago?
You are my witnesses. Is there any other God but me?
    No! There is no other Rock. I do not know even one.”

Isaiah 48

12 “Listen to me, Jacob,
    Israel, whom I have called:
I am he;
    I am the first and I am the last.
13 My own hand laid the foundations of the earth,
    and my right hand spread out the heavens;
when I summon them,
    they all stand up together.
14 “Come together, all of you, and listen:
    Which of the idols has foretold these things?
The Lord’s chosen ally
    will carry out his purpose against Babylon;
    his arm will be against the Babylonians.[a]
15 I, even I, have spoken;
    yes, I have called him.
I will bring him,
    and he will succeed in his mission.
16 “Come near me and listen to this:
“From the first announcement I have not spoken in secret;
    at the time it happens, I am there.”
So do pay attention to the word of Bible Prophecy. The entire Bible is filled with events that God has say will happen and going to happen and there are lots of proofs of their fulfilment's. 

Jeremiah 29
12'Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. 14'I will be found by you,' declares the LORD, 

I beseech you to put your heart to read and understand, that you may not suffer the consequence of God's Wrath. God's judgement will bypass His children as set in the story of Moses in the example of the passover in Egypt.



I. An Overview of Revelation 1-11


We watch as the events of the Book of the Revelation unfold. The church age will come to an end when the gospel is preached to the end of the earth then Christ will return as stated in Matthew 24. When Christ returns the church age will end as the church or the Bride will be taken to be with the Groom. This is also called the Day of the Lord. The day of the Lord is a frightening time of darkness and judgement. 




In Revelation 2 and 3 Jesus prepares a message for the churches and tell John to write it down so as to give the messages to the churches. The characteristics of the churches are mentioned as he described it with the description of the different part of the image of Christ as seen in Revelation 1. Notice the different characteristic with the different part of the body of Christ being described and the warnings being given.

1 Corinthian 12:27 Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Revelation 2 and 3 gave warnings which are also clues to what is going to happen during the Tribulation period and on Judgement Day.

Revelation 4 gave us a vivid vision of the Throne Room in Heaven. In Heaven, there is constant worship going around the throne of God and the Presence of the Almighty God and His 7 spirit, the 24 elders, 4 living creatures, and the heavenly hosts. The tabernacle of Moses is a replica of the throne room in heaven, so we will need to reflect on the great significance of this vision. 


Revelation 5 Besides those who were described in Revelation 4, now we see in the center of the Throne, a Lamb looking as if it had been slain encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth. The work has been done and Jesus is now the only being who is found worthy to open or even look inside the scroll. Jesus, the Lamb of God, takes the seven-seals scroll from the hand of His Father and and open it. 


In Revelation 6, Jesus opens 6 of the 7 seals and we see judgement being unleashed upon the earth.

Revelation 7 is an interesting chapter. It shows the 144,000 from the 12 tribes of Israel on Earth and Believers in Heaven. Who are those in White robes? Those in white robes are believers who have gone through "tribulations" and then given the white robes when they are victorious.

Revelation 8 is the Day of Atonement, the Holiest day and there was a half hour silence in Heaven before the appearance of the Seven Angels prepare to sound the seven trumpets and the release of the first four trumpet Judgment upon the earth.

Revelation 9 The last three trumpets are also known as the Three Woes. The first two woes are release and these two woes brings forth the armies and a time of torture and war. A third of mankind will be killed at the time of the sixth trumpet.

Revelation 10 gave the vision of am Angel and a little scroll which John was asked to eat. The mystery of God that has been revealed to the Prophets will all be accomplished by now before the sounding of the seventh trumpet.

Revelation 11 starts with the measuring of the Temple, so the temple should have been rebuilt before the sounding of the seventh trumpet. Probably 3.5 years before the sounding of the 7th trumpet. During this 3.5 years the two witness will appear on the scene and prophesy and send plague and judgement upon the people on earth for 3.5 years until they are killed by the Beast from the Abyss. They will be resurrected after 3 days and then ascend to heaven supernaturally. Then the seventh trumpet will herald in the Kingdom of our Lord and the reign of Christ commence with the pouring out of the wrath of God. It was announced that the Judgement of all has come and the temple of Heaven was opened and the scene of the Ark of the Covenant appear in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment